We are a diversified financial services provider offering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management and insurance.
We are driven by our Purpose to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way by fulfilling their financial services needs in a responsible and sustainable manner.
We are focused on our Goal to be the financial services group of choice in Africa.
Our Values define the way we think, work and act:
We are committed to Shared Growth which, for us, means having a positive impact on society and delivering shareholder value.
Our Balanced Scorecard provides a holistic approach to deliver commercial returns, while responding to stakeholders’ needs.
|1||Includes permanent and temporary employees.|
|2||Barclays Bank Tanzania.|
|3||National Bank of Commerce.|
|LA||This indicator is covered by the scope of a limited assurance engagement undertaken by EY and PwC. The basis of measurement thereof and the assurance statement can be found here.|
…delivering our One Africa strategy.
We are strongly positioned as a fully local bank with regional and international expertise. We aspire to build the leading financial services group in our chosen countries in Africa and selected customer and client segments, and to remain locally relevant and competitive in all our presence countries.
We continue our journey to distinguish ourselves …
Driving change through four strategic themes …
African opportunityInvesting in the greatest growth opportunities and connecting Africa to international capital markets.
Customer and client experienceMaking our customers’ and clients’ lives easier and helping them to prosper.
Simplify and accelerateSimplifying our business processes to better serve our customers and clients, by sustainably reducing costs and improving efficiencies.
Powered by people and technologyUnlocking the power of a dynamic workforce enabled by technology, information and innovation to deliver value to our customers and clients.
By focusing on …
- Growing banking and insurance in key retail and business market segments
- Serving corporate clients in key growth sectors and enabling international client coverage
- Creating value propositions informed by data insights and innovation
- Serving our customers and clients through a network of branches, ATMs, corporate offices and digital platforms, including internet and apps, point-of-sale, and call centres
- Developing, automating and optimising our products and processes
- Delivering our technology resilience programme
- Attracting, developing and retaining employees
- Empowering our employees with information and technology
Measured against our medium-term targets …
- A return on equity in the range of 18 – 20%
- Top three by revenue in our five key markets (Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa and Zambia)
- A revenue share of 20 – 25% from Rest of Africa
- A cost-to-income ratio in the low 50s
While building the Group of the future …
We keep evolving and building new strategic capabilities that enable us to be relevant and competitive as we move into the future.
These initiatives include:
- new digital payment technologies; and
- leveraging strategic partnerships to drive innovation, increase market access and enhance our customer value propositions.