Progress against our 2016 governance objectives
2017 governance objectives
- Review the progress of our Group’s strategy execution, having regard to the prevailing macroeconomic conditions, and in the context of a sound control and risk environment, and ethical and transparent leadership.
- Monitor the implementation of the Group’s IT strategy, with a focus on resilience and appropriate investment spend.
- Ensure that risk and capital management frameworks are appropriate in the context of a shifting global regulatory and risk environment, and a changing business environment.
- Monitor and assess the people agenda and the culture of our organisation.
- Oversee the Barclays PLC sell-down and the separation from Barclays Africa, with a specific focus on the execution thereof, following regulatory approval.